Re: logging out a ssh-user

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 10:06:54AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I have done this as well, as I want these bugs out of my face
> > because the are already fixed.  'pending' is my standard "make it go
> > away because it has already been dealt with" tag.
>
> OK, but IMHO it's a good idea to get bugfixes out to the users
> reasonably fast so that they can check if the bug really is fixed. To
> that end, if you really have dealt with the bug, why not upload the
> package?

Upstream CVS isn't always releasable immediately. I know I've dealt with
#168442/#177539 in upstream CVS, for instance. However, that repository
also happens to contain random other stuff which hasn't stabilized yet,
and I don't think trying to backport a complete reorganization of how
man handles locale encodings is a terribly stable thing to do. Thus, I
want to express the fact that I've dealt with the bug for the sake of my
own organization without necessarily promising to upload Real Soon Now.

(Certainly I should do more work to get man-db 2.4.2 out, but to some
extent that's a different matter.)

Cheers,