Re: logging out a ssh-user

Hi, Dennis Stampfer wrote:

> If he's logged in via telnet, I can do the job by killing that pid.  That
> does not work with ssh: For some reason, all what I get out of utmp is
> the pid of the listening sshd which I can't kill if I don't want to
> disable ssh-logins.

Wrong, actually. ssh forks twice before spawning a shell (I don't know
why); the child puts its PID into utmp, and the grandchild controls the
communication and spawns the login shell.

ssh should probably enter the grandchild's PID. This might be a bug in ssh.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
boss, n: