logging out a ssh-user

Hi!

I have to log out a user who is logged in via ssh.  The information that
he is not allowed to login comes from the utmp-file like the pid to
kill.
If he's logged in via telnet, I can do the job by killing that pid.  That
does not work with ssh: For some reason, all what I get out of utmp is
the pid of the listening sshd which I can't kill if I don't want to
disable ssh-logins.

I solved it by adding 2 to that pid to reach the child-ssh,
checking if it is "sshd" and owned by the user who is to be logged
out.  If that all is ok, I kill that pid.

Well, it works, but is that reliable and secure?  Will this also work after
the maximum of PID is reached?

The package I am talking about is timeoutd.  (No bug for that)

Dennis