Re: logging out a ssh-user

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:00:05PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Matthew's *got* a co-maintainer for ssh, as a cursory check of the
> > changelog would have revealed. Hello.
>
> I checked the bug page, which says the maintainer is Matthew.

Unfortunately the BTS isn't really in a position to know about
Uploaders: fields at the moment. If you follow the link to the PTS
you'll see a "Co-Maintainers" entry, though.

> I'll remember to also check the changelog next time, thanks. (Seriously.)
>
> Anyway, if you think it's OK to have 80 open bugs on one package (not
> counting minor+wishlist) ... well, personally I wouldn't want that, but
> it's your package and it seems to work reasonably well otherwise, so I
> guess I'll shut up now.

I certainly don't like having that many open bugs, but since the package
is being actively uploaded it would probably be more helpful if you
could help triage them rather than asking about the package's
maintenance ... Darren Tucker (part of OpenSSH upstream) is doing that
and it's very useful.

Also, openssh is one of those packages that tends to attract a lot of
upstream bugs which aren't realistically fixable in Debian as well as
bugs that basically can't or won't be fixed, and it's inherently rather
complex too. Still, the overall bug count was more like 280 this time
last year.

> > ISTR that I tagged that bug pending because it was fixed in upstream CVS
> > and that was a handy way to separate it out. I suppose I shouldn't do
> > that really.
>
> I wouldn't have said anything if the bug had noted that.

Darren said that it was fixed upstream in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=164797&msg=13, although
I admit I wasn't very clear about why I tagged it pending. I think we
probably need a 'fixed-upstream' tag or similar now that pending is more
explicitly reserved for "upload will happen soon".

Cheers,