Re: Why back-porting patches to stable instead of releasing a new package.

* Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis (luca@debian.org) [030723 14:35]:
> ... said that your points are good, it may be useful to define a forum for the
> discussion of cases like phpgroupware or snort. In the end i whould say that
> there must be a general behaviour, but we should leave space for discussion:
> packages are not all the same. I don't like the "pessimistic" approach of
> saying "we discourage": i would rather say that the behaviour described in
> Policy/developers-reference are trusted, solid but general, and that some
> particular cases may be discussed on debian-whatever list.

Than a normal user can't rely on a specific behaviour of debian. No,
what I would like more is an "special" distribution "stable-updated"
where applications could be added in cases where it is _very_ usefull
to put them there. But what I would like more is if we get out sarge
soon.

Cheers,
Andi
--