Re: Why back-porting patches to stable instead of releasing a new package.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:31:52PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> Because you can never be sure that it will not change the package
> behaviour in all its small details and that will not introduce new bugs.

I believe that when a package is so badly outdated or broken that the version
in stable should not or can not be used, it should at least be considered
for update, new bugs or no.

*shrug*

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com