Re: Future releases of Debian

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>My point was that a good hardware vendor will give you a choice of graphics
>cards, and if you don't need a fancy 3D card, you can get a high-quality 2D
>card for the same price or less.  I don't play 3D games on my workstations,
>so I always go for these options.

You're basically limited to the Radeon 7000 unless you want to support
vendors who prefer closed source drivers. I can't think of anyone else
who supplies stuff that could even approximately be described as
"high-quality 2D" (Matrox have gone over to the dark side - the Perhalia
and G550 have closed drivers, and you need closed drivers to get
reasonable functionality out of the G450)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org