Re: Future releases of Debian

Steve Greenland wrote:

>Don't these cards all support normal VESA modes? Are you saying that I
>can't run a X on these cards, or that I can't run HW accelerated 3D on
>these cards? Remember, there's a large population out here who simply
>don't care about games.

Though unaccelerated 3D may not be an issue, unaccelerated 2D is
massively painful. For a server it's not an issue, but in that case why
bother with X? Health and safety regulations in various parts of the
world require a vertical refresh rate that the VESA driver may not be
able to supply, too.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org