Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:40:13PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 01:31:12PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> > So, it's fairly accurrate to say that if DAM were looked at as a
> > maintainer his actions and documented reasoning so far would be
> > consider recalcitrant.  That is if any DD treated their package
> > maintainence the way DAM treats NM queue processing, maintainence of
> > the package could be removed from them.
>
> Perhaps; but if a package maintainer is not maintaining his package,
> and no one else is willing to take over maintenance of it either, the
> usual outcome is a request to remove the package from the archive...

But if someone is willing to take over maintainence they have that
option (at least WRT packages).  I don't believe we have truly
established whether or not anyone wants (or would be willing) to take
over the DAM position.  There have been a number of posts from people
that indicate their surety that no one would, but these are only
opinions as far as I can tell.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar