Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 11:09:05AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> >And nothing stated here invalidates my statements in any way.  If
> >sponsorship isn't viewed as any kind of a hinderance for normal
> >applicants then there is no need for accelerated or special treatment
> >for those working on select packages.
>
> Work requiring CVS access is made more awkward without developer status,
> as is work requiring access to the random architecture boxes.

Yes. Yes it is, isn't it?

Alioth is supposed to solve the first of these. Nobody has yet come up with
a solution for the second. Both affect all NM folks equally. You still
haven't given any argument that actually contradicts his assertion.

(As stated elsewhere, I believe it *is* a hinderance, which means that it
might, in fact, make sense to fast-track some folks. I believe a better
answer by far would be making it un-necessary to 'fast' track anyone).
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>