Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> writes:
> help address the issues.  If the NM process is taking someone weeks of
> effort (as opposed to wall clock time) then there's something seriously
> wrong elsewhere, possibly with the level of questions being asked by the
> AM or with the readiness of the NM.

I cannot say how much time other NM applicants have spent with the
application process itself (excluding DD related work like packaging,
translating, whatnot) but it took me about an hour total. I would be
surprised if it takes someone more than 20 hours to answer various P&P
and T&S questions (if it takes weeks I feel the NM in question
probably isn't qualified enough).

Of course, if you include packaging a new application and working with
say two existing packages, you can get to weeks of workload easily
within the several months the process normally takes.

--
*        A man's only as old as the woman he feels. (Groucho Marx)        *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *