Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 11:35:05AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 07:23:55PM +0200, Mateusz Papiernik wrote:
> > > No, you've been waiting 188 days (as of today) for DAM according to:
> >
> > Hm, there are two possibilities:
> >
> > a) I'm blind
> > b) You're wrong
>
> Ahh I'm indeed wrong, misread the year both times.  You have amazing
> patience if you haven't bitched about this before.  Your situation makes
> this even more depressing.  Here I thought 470 was the current top end,
> now I find that I may as well not get worked up about it until I've been
> waiting for nearly 2 years.  Something has to change.

I think that it was very similar mood how people were talking about the
situation including myself.  Then all of sudden, many people got
approved.  It was not FIFO.  There were clearly some judgements made by
DAM.  It was not just technical skill of programming.

Yes I agree this is too long.  But while waiting, please continue
helping debian in a constructive manner.

DAM has tough job making these judgement call and he can only do them in
a batch.  The last cycle was the time around when you were sent to DAM.

Cheers,

Osamu