Re: default MTA for sarge

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 01:20:48AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Craig Sanders (cas@taz.net.au) [030715 01:05]:
> > On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:25:47PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > Why? Do you have any compelling reasons against exim?
>
> > it's more that postfix has numerous compelling advantages.  it's small, it's
> > fast, it's very flexible, it's very easy to configure, it's secure, it scales
> > beautifully from the very smallest mail systems to the very largest, and more.
>
> postfix has less features than exim4, at least for me. I couldn't do
> my current setup with postfix.

i find that very hard to believe.  perhaps you haven't read the documentation
thoroughly.

what is it that you need to do that postfix is unable to do?  (this is a
serious question, btw, not rhetorical).

i'll bet that whatever it is can be found in the documentation, or someone on
the postfix-users list (or even here on debian-devel) could describe how to do
it quickly.

craig