Re: default MTA for sarge

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:33:52PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:01:30 +1000
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> > if we're going to change from one MTA (exim3) to another (exim4), then we
> > might as well change to a better MTA (postfix) at the same time.
>
>     Does postfix have SA integration to the same level that exim4 does?

postfix has a generic filter concept. any filter can be used, including
SpamAssassin.

a filter can also be a chain of filters, e.g. postfix -> clamav -> bogofilter
-> spamassassin -> postfix.

filters can be applied to all mail, or they can be triggered by access maps
(e.g. recipient or sender address) or body/header checks rules.

on a more general note, postfix has the best anti-spam capabilities of any MTA
that i've ever seen, and i've worked with most freely available ones over the
years - exim4 is the only one that i haven't spent several months or years
working with on production servers...i've done little more than glance at it.
it looks to me as if it's new and improved more-of-the-same, so i'm not
terribly interested in it.

craig