Re: eicar.com installer in Debian, and pre-upload interface to ftpmaster

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 08:26:43PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > OK, so basically you think ftpmaster people should spend review each ITP
> > for such global rejection reasons, then? You can't expect this to happen
> > in any remotely timely fashion, at least not with this many ftpmasters
> > and this many hours in a day.
>
> Personally I would prefer not to reviewe the packages at all. We have a well
> established and accepted bug and itp process for that.

While that would seem to nicely do away with the problem here, for a certain
number of packages that have a minute number of users, this would do away
with the only QA test they'll have in years. And we already constantly see
lamentations on how among the thousands of packages Debian, there's a fair
bit of badly packaged fodder.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.