Re: debootstrapping and sysvinit

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> I accepted maintainership because I am the upstream author, and having
[...]
> In short, I am actively developing the Debian and non-debian parts
> of it. It's just that I happen to do this in bursts, and some people
> get upset when the bursts they develop in don't always overlap
> with mine.

That's actually why it is a good idea to either have a downstream maintainer
(as you used to, when you were not the Debian maintainer of something you're
also upstream), or co-maintainers that you can trust to pick up the pace
when you can't do it (but still do it in a way that won't upset you).

  Henrique Holschuh