Re: libstdc++... Help please

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:06:11 +0000, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> The current tools don't allow programs of arch X into testing if they
>> fail to build on arch Y. I think that in general this is a good idea.
>
> I disagree. The net effect is that the program gets less testing,
> resulting in less bugs found and fixed.

On the other hand, by failing to build on arch Y you already _have_ found
a severe bug. If you propagate the "working" build of arch X, there is not
much motivation for the maintainer, who is likely to have arch X also, to
add a possibly-difficult patch.

On the gripping hand, that bug often isn't the fault of the package in
question, but of gcc/binutils/whatever.  :-/

--
Matthias