Non-debian running DD's (Was: Re: stop abusing debconf already)

I use both Mutt and OE to read my E-mail (mostly mutt). The one feature
OE has (on both mac and windows) that NO other client I've seen matches
(Mozilla 1.0 came close, haven't tried since then) is its support for
offline IMAP. This e-mail comes to you via putty on my laptop being
NAT'd via my debian proxy, to my debian server at work, both running
woody which runs mutt that then sends via the postfix on the box.

We should not be larting people who use other operating systems, I run
debian across several different archs (Sparc, Alpha, HPPA, soon: MIPS,
m68k, powerpc), but on x86 and PPC I also run the native OS' (Mac OS and Windows
(windows stays on my laptop because I can kernel-panic linux with a
keystroke...)).

For example packages like samba would be ideally packaged by someone who
had at least one windows box to test with (both as a client and server),
many other packages are similar.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 02:32:30PM +0300, Richard Braakman arranged a set of bits into the following: