Re: >2000 packages still waiting to enter testing, > 1500 over age

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 08:11:52PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> I CCed you the bugreport where i explain everything, but the packages are :
>   libpgsql-ocaml
>   ocamlsdl
> These are the source packages.

You missed:
  ocaml-core |     3.06.3 |      unstable | all
  ocaml-libs |     3.06.3 |      unstable | all
  meta-ocaml |     3.06.3 |      unstable | source

Since ocaml-libs apparently breaks, this needs to go too.

> > The "upload to testing-proposed-updates" [...]
> No, it would not work, because you need to build them either with
> testing + bit of unstable [...]

Interesting point; but yes, I didn't mean that it was a useful thing for
this particular example.

> Also, i think that the testing scripts don't consider
> testing-proposed-updates right now, do they ?

Like I said, they need to be specifically approved. Grep for "NEEDS
APPROVAL BY RM" in update_excuses.

> Yes, on a case per case basis, after agreement of all the involved
> maintainers and the RM. It is just as you didn't respond to my mail, nor
> did any of the ftp master act on my bug report, nor did anyone even
> aknowledge it, i felt abandoned ...

Yes; you were. I'm focussing on gcc and perl and such things at the
moment, and as of yet no one else is really able to do anything about this
stuff while I'm busy; hopefully both those things will change soon enough.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''