Re: Debian Subversion repository?

John Goerzen (2003-04-02 20:35:46 -0600) :

> Which brings me to Debian.  I think that Subversion would be a
> natural fit for Alioth.  At the minimum, we could set up
> svn.debian.org.  This would, I think, be a great boon to us.
> Subversion provides many nice capabilities to sync different trees
> together (in much the same way kernel developers do with bitkeeper),
> and since much of Debian development is exactly that, it seems a
> natural fit.

Yes.  And one that lots of people ask for, but neither the Debian-SF
maintainers nor the Gforge people have had time to address yet.

> Being one to eat me own dogfood: I hereby volunteer to set up and
> administer Subversion on any sid machine fit for the task.

  Excellent.  I hereby invite you to grab the Gforge sources[1], read
them, understand them (and the associated packaging code), and provide
patches[2] for a gforge-svn package (or a subversion plugin if you
prefer).  I'll be happy to commit these patches to CVS (provided they
work, obviously :-)

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gforge/
[2] http://gforge.org/tracker/?atid=106&group_id=1&func=browse

PS: Yes, this is a statement of intent to migrate Alioth to Gforge in
the nearest possible future.  I'm getting tired of maintaining three
branches of code.
Roland Mas

In every life you got some trouble, when you worry you make it double.
  -- in Don't worry, be happy (Bobby McFerrin)