Re: Debian Subversion repository?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 08:35:46PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> With all the recent (great) talk about Alioth, one sore spot comes up
> repeatedly in my mind: CVS.
>
> I have been a fan of, and a user of, Subversion since last July.  In fact, I
> run my own Subversion repository at http://svn.complete.org/ for many of the
> projects that I am involved with.  Subversion has many advantages over CVS
> that are too numerous to get into here.

I agree. When I last asked about Subversion on Alioth, Wichert told me
that it had been tried but failed its test suite on that machine. If
somebody familiar with Subversion had the time to debug it there, or
find out if it still needs to be debugged, that would probably help.

> Recently, it occured to me that it would be nice to put some data into
> Subversion in a fashion similar to what people are currently doing with CVS.
> However, I don't have the gig or two of space on a hosted server that this
> would take with something big such as keeping a bunch of kernel trees in
> Subversion.  I also don't have the bandwidth to host even the meg or two
> times tens of thousands for a popular project.

I would like to move my packages from
http://riva.ucam.org/svn/cjwatson/src/debian/ (those that I've got round
to importing) to somewhere more public and useful to other developers,
certainly.