Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

Le Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:41:58PM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI écrivait:
> > We decided to imose a naming convention already for people who wish to
> > use alioth for package maintenance. They have to name their project
> > "pkg-<package>" ...
>
> Some package, such as auto-apt, fakeroot or so, were already created
> without pkg- prefix. A "pkg-" prefix is used only for comaintainance
> for non native debian package?

Yep.

You don't need the "pkg-" prefix if alioth is the main host for upstream
development. The "pkg-" prefix is required for projects whose goal are
to maintain the Debian package of a software which is hosted somewhere
else.

> I'm considering that I maintain ca-certificates on alitoh, can I use
> "ca-certificates" for alioth project name, or should I use
> "pkg-ca-certificates" ?

ca-certificates should be ok I guess since it's debian specific.

> Anyway, alioth.debian.org uses certificates issued by SPI
> (C=US, ST=Indiana, L=Indianapolis, O=Software in the Public Interest,
>  OU=hostmaster, CN=Certification Authority/emailAddress=hostmaster@spi-inc.org)
> and SPI's certificates are not known, so browser complains about it.
>
> I think that it is the SPI's certificates that ca-certificates should provide,
> and I'd like to do it, but how can I get it?  Whom should I ask?

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com