Re: Debian Weekly News - April 1st, 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:34:57AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
>  > After some months of work on the reorganisation Martin Michlmayr and
>  > Andreas Schuldei proudly [23]announced an improved [24]new
>  > maintainers' corner. [...] According to Martin it should now be
>  > possible to join the project within three days.
>
>  In the "bad taste" category of the April's Fools awards, this entry is
>  one of the strongest contenders.

But it's also the most April Fools appropriate.  I read the DWN, and
knowing the history of the maintainer queue's, thought

"WOW!!!  They fixed it!!!"

And missed completely the whole april fools.  Somehow, 3 days didn't seem
all that unreasonable.

That's the way it's supposed to go, not this Evil Bit, and all the other
obviously fake entries.

Mike