Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

Some package, such as auto-apt, fakeroot or so, were already created without pkg- prefix. A "pkg-" prefix is used only for comaintainance
for non native debian package?

Yep.

You don't need the "pkg-" prefix if alioth is the main host for upstream
development. The "pkg-" prefix is required for projects whose goal are
to maintain the Debian package of a software which is hosted somewhere
else.

Then I did the wrong thing for the dict-common project naming it as pkg-dict-common since it is debian specific and alioth will become the main host for development.

Can a project be renamed or if not possible, removed, so I can create a new one with the right naming? All the previous stuff at sf used dict-common and I would like the migration to be as less confusing as possible.

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@debian.org, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html