Re: New OpenLDAP 2.1 preview

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:57, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> A first trial in getting ready-to-install OpenLDAP 2.1 packages ready
> can be found on
>
> 	http://people.debian.org/~torsten/openldap2.1/
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on this. I asked Roland to upload these
> to experimental after checking if they are okay for him. A lot is left
> for the unstable upload, at least

One feature I would like to see is the option to have it not insist on
creating a new directory.  Sometimes I install slapd before I have an ldif
file handy...

Also what is the difference between 2.0 and 2.1 apart from BDB?  What benefits
does BDB offer?  Is it faster for slapadd/slapcat?

Is 2.1 faster than 2.0 for slapadd?  slapadd is excessively slow on 2.0 and is
single-threaded so it can't take advantage of multiple CPUs.