Re: debconf template translation

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:17:27PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> So, how do I find all debconf templates for my packages?
> http://ddtp.debian.org/stats/debconf/mantainers.en.html (sic) claims

sorry, forgot this page

> that I can do this, but the URLs it suggests don't exist. When you have
> 30-odd source packages, it's incredibly tedious to trawl through looking
> for package names.

Now you can only look by the package name. Yes, I must change this.

> The one update that I did find (faqomatic, although that's in the
> process of being adopted by somebody else) was certainly never sent to
> me. If it had been I would have uploaded it almost immediately. As it
> is, it's just rotting.
>
> Make contact. File bugs. Don't operate off on your own.

question to debian-devel:
	should I fill bug reports about translated debconf translation?

IMHO a list, sorted by source package maintainer, is better.

> > Use the PTS and you will find your translations. Use the PTS and you
> > will get your mails... See the announcement some weeks ago...
>
> I shouldn't have to subscribe to the PTS for my own packages. It would
> also be nice if description translations and debconf template
> translations were separated; I'd like the latter but not the former. (By
> the way, there was no announcement that debconf template translations
> were available through the PTS, as far as I can see;
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce-0301/msg00007.html seemed
> to be talking about description translations only.)

Oh, yes I see this now. If you don't know, that the DDTP is not only about
'Package Description' and support also 'Debconf Decriptions', you don't
get this info.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"The Box said 'Windows NT or better', so I installed Debian Linux"