Re: debconf template translation

> question to debian-devel:
> 	should I fill bug reports about translated debconf translation?
>
> IMHO a list, sorted by source package maintainer, is better.

Teach the DDTS to work as the PTS does (or do it through the PTS).  Allow us
maintainers to subscribe to all the debconf translations for all our
packages (or to none at all. I doubt we would need more granularity than
this).  If this is possible, document it, because right now the web pages
imply we can do that for the package translations, but mention nothing of
debconf template translations.

I am most definately NOT wandering around the web site, requesting
god-know-how-many times a damn hyperlink to get the po tranlations for my
packages.  And don't tell me the DDTS is integrated to the PTS just because
of that link the PTS displays: that link does NOT let me get an update to
all the .po files in my package.

The DDTS is right now geared toward the translators, apparently.  Please
add some maintainer-friendly machinery to it, and I will gladly start
using it as well...

> > > Use the PTS and you will find your translations. Use the PTS and you
> > > will get your mails... See the announcement some weeks ago...

Hmm, document this in the DDTS, will you? I will search now for that
announcement mail to see if it applies to debconf templates.  I still miss a
proper way of retrieving the updated templates, though.

> > I shouldn't have to subscribe to the PTS for my own packages. It would

Why not?  Given the amount of shoting the idea of automatic DDTS emails
generated, it is no wonder you'd have to opt-in for receiving the notices
and updates, and the PTS is the best place to do that right now...

  Henrique Holschuh