Re: "testing" improvements

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:49:13AM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > > I agree with about people the responsibility of people that
> > > have to fix bugs.
> > So stop talking on -devel, and _do some development_.
> It looks like you always end up with such statements with
> anyone trying to politely discuss. You are pretty predictable.

You're surprised that I say the same thing every time this comes up?

> > Stop trying to find excuses to avoid having to fix the things you know
> > need fixing. glibc needs fixing. debian-installer needs fixing. The
> > 700
> > packages listed at http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical need
> > fixing.
> > Every package that's not installable, or that's out of date on some
> > architecture needs fixing.
> Yeah, and next time, I think you're going that anyone should be
> able to get into fixing glibc ....

No, I won't, because there are _plenty_ of other things that need fixing.
If you don't want to help the glibc hackers, then choose something else.

That said, helping the glibc hackers is simply not that hard. The only
advantage anyone else has over you at hacking glibc is that they've
already spent the time and energy to learn about how it works. And since
it's free software, there is _nothing_ stopping you from doing the same.

Stop talking and go fix some bugs.

ObBug: 159478 [also 105556 126943 134799]

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''