Re: Future of Debian uncertain?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:30:39AM -0800, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

> 	That'd be great... another option for me to disable... Any
> program that pops this infernal "hint" boxes up gets shutdown rather
> quickly... Gets annoying and reminds me too much of Micro$haft and why I
> don't use it...

  It seems like the obvious thing to do is to make the graphical
 'tip box' part of task-x-windows.

  That way all newbies installing from scratch will get it installed by
 default, but people who install minimally will not.

  The debian-fortunes package itself shouldn't be a problem, I'd assume
 that would only occur on console logins - and could actually have a
 'dont run me' flag.

Steve
---