Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:05:21PM +1000, Alexander Zangerl wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:09:05 +0100, Peter Palfrader writes:
> >This is under no circumstances acceptable behaviour from upstream.  Drop
> >micq from Debian.

Are you guys nuts? Upstream just wants their software to run
optimally, and the maintainer refuses to do so. What's wrong with
upstream informing users of the situation?

> One more voice, mine: Drop the upstream author from the
> new maintainer queue. Behaviour like this absolutely disqualifies
> R?diger from being trusted, ever.

Obviously, the upstream developer is interested in debian, and
interested in making the package work right if he's willing to go down
the long road of the NM queue. All we're doing is turning away a
perfectly capable developer for a few printf's?

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"Language is a virus."
- William S. Burroughs