Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 01:47, Brian May wrote:
> Your assuming that if somebody breaks into your house, nobody is going
> to leave any easter-eggs behind, but if somebody breaks into you
> computer that they will...

I expect that our friends at the NSA would agree with you in that concept.
However in practice putting monitoring software into a computer once you
"own" it is quite easy, while doing the same to a house is difficult and
expensive.  Thus such attacks on homes are out of the reach of most people
who might have the desire to do so.

Most people who break into homes have no practical ability to install bugs,
most people who break into computers have the ability to install bugs.