Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:51:01PM +0100, Rico -mc- Gloeckner wrote:

> > don't have a moral obligation to package everything. Some software sucks

> Correct. However there are people willing to still package it, however
> some people ask for removal because, well you read the thread.

Who are you speaking for when you say there are people willing to package
it?  The current maintainer of the package has publically requested its
removal.  I've seen people object, but I don't think I've seen anyone
volunteer to take over maintenance (at least, no one in a position to do
so).

> The Problems would be solved if someone with a higher EQ than Martin and
> with more experience either would package it or sponsor it for
> Ruediger.

And why do you think that's likely to happen, given what Ruediger has
done?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer