Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

14.02.2003 pisze Rico -mc- Gloeckner (mc@ukeer.de):

> Having a non-working Package or no Package at all is a Status Quo to
> me. So who do you help with removing the Package - is it the Users of
> Debian or is it your Ego?

It is the reputation of the Debian project and the quality of the
Debian distribution. The lack of EXTRAVERSION does not harm the users,
it could only make the life of the upstream author a little bit harder.

Upstream changes that render the package unusable for all its users,
just because Mr. Kühlmann thinks that he can break all his software for
all Debian unstable users, are NOT acceptable.

I would not trust Mr. Kühlmann personally, and I don't trust any
software he's ever managed to write. IMO he should be expelled from NM
queue immediately.

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

       Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.