Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:16:59AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> programs. 'ifconfig <dev> hw ax25 <callsign>' is the typical invocation

That sets up the hardware address of the interface.

To do the same with ip, I would guess it is:

ip link set <dev> address <callsign>

However, this is only guessing simply because ax25 doesn't appear to be
documented anywhere...

Which brings us back to this issue again. However, I haven't looked very
hard either.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>