Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

On 09-Feb-03, 14:33 (CST), Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:
> > On 09-Feb-03, 01:00 (CST), Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> wrote:
> > Then why does 'man ip' produce "This program does not have a useful man
> > page"? And again, if I'm I *need* the docs for ip, I probably don't have
> > access to the internet, so all the networking howtos in the world don't
> > help me.
>
> It does have comprehensive TeX documentation.  Look in /usr/share/doc.

I see it. I've even read a good bit of it. I'm not against the new
tools. My point is that when 'man ip' produces no useful result for a
core tool, but instead tells me install X ("use xdvi or gv") and there
is not even any text (i.e. I can read it with 'more') documentation
included in the package, it's not ready for prime-time. It's okay to
have to work for docs on non-critical tools, but not something like
this.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland