Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 05:29:44PM +1100, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
Yeah, I know :-)  I was just surprised that no-one else seems to have worked
out how ip can be used *without* ever having read any documentation for
it...

Sure, without the documentation you can pretty much figure out how to
do what you can already do with ifconfig or route. Which begs the
question of why you would go to all that trouble, since you can already
use ifconfig and route. Especially since using ip makes linux
gratutiously unfamiliar to the legions of users of other unices that
have been happily using ifconfig and route to do the same things for
years.

Mike Stone