Re: testing, unstable, and dependencies

>>"Michael" == Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

 > On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 07:06:06PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
 >> The answer was no, because this would mean that libraries in unstable
 >> would never get tested before they are moved into testing.

 > Which is, as always, a silly argument because it discounts local
 > compiles and testing against unstable. It also discounts the case of
 > build dependencies forcing the use of the newer libraries.

	Local testing is nowhere as good as testing a package gets by
 being installed by people running unstable. And we have had myriad
 example of developers not being good at testing all possible code
 paths, or evedn installing packages; having libraries that several
 packages depend on getting pushed into testing untested except on the
 developers machine would, in my opinion, seriously destabilize
 testing.

	manoj
--
The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age, But that
don't bother me none; in my eyes you're everything. I know I keep you