Re: testing, unstable, and dependencies

Hi

Is it possible (in theory) to have a set of buildd:s that use
testing for compiling. If they fail (i.e. version dep problems)
the package is moved to the unstable buildd:s (the ones that exist
today) for building.

And if all archs (at least that has been built for earlier) can build it
using the testing build it will then be used for considering
inclusion in testing (sid, woody  bugs should not be considered here).

This way it could be possible to let packages slip into testing
even if some core packages (in unstable) has RC bugs.

The drawback is that we must have a double set of buildds for all
archs, but that is possible to set up. It will probably cause more
load on the buildd:s.

All I want to know is if this is in theory possible or if there
is any new problems that this solution will cause.

Regards,

// Ola