Re: testing, unstable, and dependencies

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:47:25PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
	Local testing is nowhere as good as testing a package gets by
being installed by people running unstable. And we have had myriad
example of developers not being good at testing all possible code
paths, or evedn installing packages; having libraries that several
packages depend on getting pushed into testing untested except on the
developers machine would, in my opinion, seriously destabilize
testing.

I don't expect that it would be tested on only the maintainer's machine.
Local compiles can be done by anyone who feels like doing them. Some
people really get off on compiling stuff--just look at gentoo.
Mike Stone