Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:10:23 +1100
Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:51:47PM -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> > Yes.  In fact, David Miller, one of the Linux network stack hackers,
> > has been quoted as saying that ifconfig and route are deprecated and
> > that ip is the way of the future.  I know that people have suggested
> > on this mailing list in the past that we ditch ifconfig and route in
> > place of it, but that suggestion was shot down because people are
> > too used to
[snip]
> Also I suspect many people simply aren't aware that the
> old programs are now considered obsolete and have been replaced.

<rant>

Probably because there arn't any docs for ip, nor is it covered in all
of the HowTos that newbies are pointed to. This isn't the first time
I've ranted about this, but I _still_ can't find a man page for ip (and
googling doesn't count....when you need the man page you don't have
internet.)

</rant>

Thomas