Re: A better recompile process? Was: Re: testing, unstable, and dependencies

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 10:49:12PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> I have to add one thing. I actually think it is good to detect
> the second type of problem (which will happen when the package
> has been in testing for some time) becuase libraries is supposed
> to be backwards compatible.

I see what you are getting at now.

However, what happens if there is a new major version of libxyz in
unstable, that is not yet in testing?

How will it get tested if the packages continue getting compiled against
the older version in testing?

Presumably a new major version means that it isn't backword compatable.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>