Re: Freeze Please?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:22:26PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Or put in another way, if the testing maintainance scripts are working
>  ok, why can't we release testing today?

Wrong.

The "testing maintenance scripts" are working just fine and dandy.

What is not working, is your understanding of what testing is! It's not
"newer version of stable" It's not even meant to be for wide 'use'. It's
just a _testing_ area to make sure that pacakge dependancies and
inter-opperation is working correctly - and to that measure it is
brilliant.

But don't think it is actually giving you more than that.

Now if a small team of people were willing to put in the regular graft
of doing security updates and source uploads to testing, then it would
become more useful as a general purpose 'distribution'. But thats an
'if', and I haven't seen anyone volunteer to do that.

--
Paul