Re: what is libqt3-mt?

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:46:30PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > Oooops...
> > link against qt-mt (thread-support), and not qt, solved that very nicely
>
> Could anyone clue me in as to why there are qt libraries without
> mt and qt-mt ?
>
> I seem to be experiencing some kind of mix-and-matching (I tried
> to compile ecawave with libqt3 and it gave me warnings that some plugins
> were compiled with thread support and ecawave wasn't, and I
> tried linking with libqt3-mt, and the warning was gone.)

In normal case, you should not have to use the unthreaded library anymore. It
has been declared deprecated with latest Qt3 upload. Even if your program
refuses to build with the -mt library, because it has, for example the linker
argument "-lqt" hardcoded, you should rather try to fix the program instead of
using Qt3-non-mt.

Anyway, the -non-mt variant is still there to not break with applications
using it for now. It may disappear after sarge release, though.

--
  .''`.   Name: Martin Loschwitz
 : :'  :  E-Mail: madkiss@madkiss.org