Re: what is libqt3-mt?

Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@madkiss.org> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:46:30PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>>
>> > Oooops...
>> > link against qt-mt (thread-support), and not qt, solved that very nicely
>>
>> Could anyone clue me in as to why there are qt libraries without
>> mt and qt-mt ?
>>
>> I seem to be experiencing some kind of mix-and-matching (I tried
>> to compile ecawave with libqt3 and it gave me warnings that some plugins
>> were compiled with thread support and ecawave wasn't, and I
>> tried linking with libqt3-mt, and the warning was gone.)
>
> In normal case, you should not have to use the unthreaded library anymore. It
> has been declared deprecated with latest Qt3 upload. Even if your program
> refuses to build with the -mt library, because it has, for example the linker
> argument "-lqt" hardcoded, you should rather try to fix the program instead of
> using Qt3-non-mt.
>
> Anyway, the -non-mt variant is still there to not break with applications
> using it for now. It may disappear after sarge release, though.

In that case, why not just remove libqt3-dev and have libqt3-mt-dev
provide it?  I doubt there's a single Qt application that would break
because it was compiled with the threaded version instead of
non-threaded.

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?