Re: [desktop] debian backgrounds package

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 17:21:42 -0800, Erik Steffl composed:
> Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
> >That's why, I will setup a nother poll.
> >Give me just 2 or 3 weeks, so that I will have time to make a site whit
> >a collection of backgrounds, and a poll for the preferred resolution.
>
>   IMO:
>
>   resolution: images should be in maximum reasonable resolution
> (1920x1440?), resized during installation (or provide a script that
> resizes them all).
<SNIP>

> e.g. photos it might be a problem. In a package you can decide on a case
> by case basis (or even let user decide).
>
>   which background to choose:
>
>   it doesn't have to be one package, there can be a basic one with most
> popular ones and then some other ones, e.g. debian toy story, debian kde
> etc. What would be nice is support for composite packages in debian -
> something along the line of locales package but more generic, part of
> packaging system. Then user could install debian backgrounds package and
> pick which subpackages to install (it could go down to a level of
> individual pictures). Of course, nothing prevents you to copy locales
> approach.

seems acceptable to me, something like this would allow for the
diversity of systems :).

btw, apologies for my earlier seeming nastiness, but it is an issue. got
me at a wrong time, not having a good day. i'm getting segfaults all
over the place, i don't even know if this email will make it out off
this system.

simon

<SNIP>