Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 15:40, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:17:14PM -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> [...]
> At the risk of losing credit with fellow DDs, I'm just provoked to ask:
>
> WHY aren't these applicants either rejected outright, or TOLD why their
> application is getting stalled? Is it so difficult to come up front and
> say, I'm sorry, you don't qualify because of A, B, C, ...? Is it so
> difficult to state up front, these applicants are getting stalled because
> of D, E, F, ...? If the DAM has any reason to think that these people
> shouldn't become DDs, then please say so and settle the issue once and for
> all. Or if the DAM thinks that these applicants should wait, then please
> SAY that they are expected to wait, why, and what they can do (if
> anything) to get the process moving again. Silence will only exacerbate
> the problem.
>
> Or maybe the DAM believes that Debian is getting too big, and we shouldn't
> be letting in more people. In that case, please SAY so, so that we don't
> deceive people by making them think they can join, only to ignore them out
> of existence in the middle of the process.  And believe me, it's getting
> to the point the NM's aren't the only ones bothered by it. There needs to
> be more transparency and accountability in this process.
Hi,

You're right.The 'We Won't Hide Problems'[1] don't apply to NM queue(yes
yes, it isn't described in social contract).

But what we can talk about the first Goal of Bdale Garbee? The Values.

<quote>One of our real successes, aided in recent times by our new
maintainer process, is that people joining our project share a strong
belief in Free Software and the Community Development Model.</quote>

[1] = http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html
[2] = http://www.debian.org/vote/2002/platforms/bdale

bye,
--