Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 02:17:14PM -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
[snip]
> You can sit and wait, wait, wait...And yes we'll wait forever.It isn't
> about DAM directly, it seems to be about how DAM see *unknown* people
> joining.
>
> For fun:
> http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=stratus%40alternex.com.br
[snip]

At the risk of losing credit with fellow DDs, I'm just provoked to ask:

WHY aren't these applicants either rejected outright, or TOLD why their
application is getting stalled? Is it so difficult to come up front and
say, I'm sorry, you don't qualify because of A, B, C, ...? Is it so
difficult to state up front, these applicants are getting stalled because
of D, E, F, ...? If the DAM has any reason to think that these people
shouldn't become DDs, then please say so and settle the issue once and for
all. Or if the DAM thinks that these applicants should wait, then please
SAY that they are expected to wait, why, and what they can do (if
anything) to get the process moving again. Silence will only exacerbate
the problem.

Or maybe the DAM believes that Debian is getting too big, and we shouldn't
be letting in more people. In that case, please SAY so, so that we don't
deceive people by making them think they can join, only to ignore them out
of existence in the middle of the process.  And believe me, it's getting
to the point the NM's aren't the only ones bothered by it. There needs to
be more transparency and accountability in this process.

That's not a bug; that's a feature!