Re: gcc 3.2 transition in unstable

* Simon Richter (sjr@debian.org) wrote:
> > I object to changing the build-essential package.
>
> Me too; Depending on version x and conflicting with all other versions
> will no longer work, as you would have to remove build-essential
> (Especially the autobuilders will be confused, I think).

I object as well.  build-essential should point to gcc/g++ and go with
gcc-defaults.  I don't see any good reason to specify versioning there
and feel it would be an overall bad idea.  The point is that we want to
build things using gcc3.2, not just have it around (which we have for
quite some time).

	Stephen