Re: More build problems on mips/mipsel (Branch out of range in .s)

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:20:10AM +0100, Xavier Roche wrote:
> I am still facing compiling problems on MIPS archs (see
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=httrack&ver=3.23.3-1&arch=mips&stamp=1039954027&file=log&as=raw)
> due to too-far jumps generated by GCC.

No one has filed a bug for this -- because it isn't something the
application developer should really be concerned with.  It's a problem
with the toolchain.  That should be worked around by a newer
toolchain.  This package has never built on mips/mipsel, it isn't
needed to get it into testing.  When the mips toolchain is able to
build your package, it will.  If it needs patches to build, you'll get
bugs with those.  Until then, don't worry about it.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.