Re: [desktop] Interesting piece of artwork

Wow, they sure look nice... personally i would find them too good for mere lilo!
(how long do you stare at your lilo anyway? :)

Why not use one of them as the new debian-wallpaper? we could make a package
with a collection of the rest (couldn't find one, maybe it already exists, a
kdewallpapers-package does afaik).

Another idea might be having a kernel with framebuffer display a (scaled-down)
debian-image at boot. The beer-tux-icon is cool, but having a flashy
debian-specific one would just be that extra touch and isn't all that hard to do
(we could go all the way, and have one without textoutput and some groovy
boot-animation, but i don't know if everyone could appreciate it :)

Oh well, just my 2 cents. (just lilo would be nice too though :)

Alex de Landgraaf

Quoting Jean-Michel Kelbert <kelbert@debian.org>:

> Hi,
>
> > Today Ayo (http://www.73lab.com) posted 3 debian wallpapers. There look
> > very nice. Maybe it would be a good idea to try to make a lilo
> > bootscreen white one of them.
>
> I asked Ayo for the license of his wallpapers. There are covered by any
> license. The only think he ask is to mention his name if someone use it.
>
> So I am wondering if it would be possible to use it for doing an
> official lilo bootscreen. To my mind, there is no graphical boostcreen
> for lilo in debian, isn't it ? So, these wallpapers are a good
> opportunity to solve this problem !
>
> Perhaps, they could be put into the lilo package. At the installation,
> we can ask if the user want a graphical lilo, and then let him select
> one of the image.
>
> What to you think about it ?
>
> --
> Jean-Michel Kelbert